Sunday, January 29, 2012

Celebrating Repulic Day | Starving Children


I was in Delhi to witness our Republic Day parade I saw the pride on the faces of people when they saw the ammunition and defense power of Indian republic. However, to me, who get chance to visit a slum near the Delhi’s frontiers, this all pomp-show was merely seems cheating, cheating with myself.

It feels to me that we find proud in exaggerating our capabilities. What is the use of this much strong defense power and ammunition when it is known as a shame that 45% of India’s children are suffering from malnutrition. And, our prime minister also accept this fact as “National Shame”.

I feel amazed by knowing that Indian government is tailoring National Food Security laws after 63 starving years. So, should we expect that every Indian may got at least food everyday. May be, maybe not.

Can you imagine what if the money our government spent on defense programs was utilized to build modern roadways, to establish modern power sources to deliver electricity to our those villages which are deprived of it even today, to build modern hospitals and schools for our people? The reality is that if our government paid attention in past on these necessary needs, then no children in India were suffering from malnutrition.

Now, I see leaders doing politics in the name of reservation on the basis of religion. The most wondered fact which I used to ponder upon is that the religion which they called minority fills 40% of Indian population. It seems everything is fair in politics. 

In all such conditions, the show on republic day merely seems a laughter show on the face of its starving children-the so called 'future of India'.

No comments:

Post a Comment